Summer is a time of making memories and having fun with family and friends. Whether it’s at street festivals, music concerts, or sporting events, the brands and the promotions make the experience memorable for us. We remember certain events or brands for different reasons. For example, having a unique connection while seeing a favorite artist is going to make the experience unforgettable.
When planning an event, it is important to determine what message you want to communicate and how you want the consumer to react to the message. Making the event unforgettable for your consumers is the key to a successful event.
If you really want to develop a successful experiential marketing event, you need to follow these four main steps:
- Strategy: Make sure you develop a great strategy and plan that answer the most basic questions (who, what, when, where, how?) Think about how you will measure success. And come up with a concept that ties into the target’s needs and blows their minds, making a memorable experience.
- Planning: Plan in advance ALL the resources needed for the event to be successful. Always consider the budget and select the right Team Manager that encourages the best brand ambassadors to rock the audience. And never forget to have a back-up plan! Life is unpredictable and you always need to be prepared.
- Execution: make sure you execute according to the plan. It is key have something for the consumer to remember the experience like photos, promotional items, etc. Make sure you measure all the key metrics defined while building the strategy.
- Recap: a complete recap is key to measure the results, include pictures from the event, summarize the highlights and document the things that need improvement for future events.
Great examples of work we developed for past clients are:
- Thematic events with a beer company running promotions like a Tattoo Parlor in the middle of a Club, a beach with inflatable palm trees and sand in a restaurant or a mini soccer tournament in liquor stores.
- A refreshing experience for a gum company that needed to communicate the icy experience to consumers by setting up a fully branded Inflatable misting station during the main summer festivals in the country or by developing a whole VIP experience with an A-List artist setting up a VIP area with branded Ice sculptures, cold decorations with blue light and props.
If you are ready to take your idea to the next level of experience, call Alberto Garcia at 732-500-3400.